Find the right birth control solution at Walnut Hill OBGYN Dallas
Birth control is not a one-size-fits-all proposition.
Our patients at Walnut Hill OBGYN Associates have access to every form of birth control hormones and it is our mission to help you make informed decisions about what form of contraceptives is best for your body and overall health.
At one time, contraceptive pills were the only option for non-barrier birth control, but today women have many
- Traditional daily contraceptive pills (the pill)
- IUDs (intrauterine devices): IUDs, such as Mirena, are implanted into your uterus by your physician that prevents pregnancy. It can be removed at any time when you decide you wish to have a child.
- Birth control implants such as Nexoplanon, that lasts for up to 3 years, and is over 99% effective. Nexoplanon is discreetly placed under the skin of your inner, upper arm by one of our providers, and is considered a long-acting birth control option. It’s easily reversible and can be removed by your Walnut Hill doctor at any time.
- Injections like Depo-Provera: A shot that can prevent pregnancy for three months. This is an excellent method for women who have trouble remembering to take a daily pill.
- Vaginal rings like NuvaRing: Vaginal rings are a form of hormone birth control like shots and pills. They prevent ovulation. The advantage of these rings is that you can insert them yourself once a month.
- Birth control patches: These hormonal birth control patches are worn for an entire week, so it may be easier for women to remember to use them regularly.
To match you with the right solution, discuss your birth control needs with your Walnut Hill physician so you decide how to not only protect yourself from unwanted pregnancy, but also from sexually transmitted diseases. Our team will help you chose the birth control solution that is right for you. Whether you need a traditional contraceptive pill, IUD or an other solution, we offer every alternative. All of these birth control options are available in our office or easily obtainable anywhere in the Dallas area with a prescription.