Uterine fibroids are frequently found during a routine pelvic exam. In many cases, they don’t pose an immediate threat, but require a medical evaluation to make sure they are not associated with a more serious condition. Many treatment options exist. If you have symptoms, come
Procedures for the removal of fibroids
- Myomectomy – The surgical removal of fibroids from the uterus and the preferred treatment for fibroids. Can be inpatient or outpatient, but recovery period lasts for a few days to up to 2 weeks.
- Hysterectomy – The surgical removal of parts of or the whole uterus. Recovery period lasts up to 6 weeks. This procedure is typically a last resort.
- UAE (uterine artery embolization) – A minimally invasive procedure that cuts off circulation to the uterine arteries. While this treatment is generally successful, the recovery period is painful and can last for up to a week.
- HIFU(high-intensity focused ultrasound) – A procedure in which high-intensity focused sonic energy heats and destroys the fibroids. This treatment has fallen out of favor with most physicians, so it isn’t offered in many clinics.
- Removal with the Acessa System.
Acessa System’s Removal of Fibroids
Walnut Hill’s Dr. Bertrand is trained in the Acessa System – an innovative solution for the removal of fibroids. With this new system, our practice is helping to revolutionize the treatment of a very common issue for women everywhere.
Uterine fibroids are very treatable, and the physicians and staff at Dallas Walnut Hill OBGYN Associates can help find a solution that is right for you. Make an appointment today at (214) 363-7801.