Birth Control Consultations at Walnut Hill OBGYN Dallas
With more options than ever for Dallas women when it comes to birth control, it’s important that women consult with their doctors to assess their best contraceptive options.
At one time, contraceptive pills were the only option for non-barrier birth control, but today women have many hormone and non-hormone options.
Birth control is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. Dallas’s Walnut Hill OBGYN Associates have access to every form of birth control; we help our patients make informed, careful decisions about what is best for their bodies and their overall health. It’s important to discuss your birth control needs with your Walnut Hill physician so you can find out how to protect yourself not only from unwanted pregnancy, but also from sexually transmitted diseases.
Birth control options for Dallas women from Walnut Hill OBGYN Associates include:
- Traditional daily contraceptive pills (the pill)
- IUDs (intrauterine devices): A device implanted into your uterus by your physician that prevents pregnancy. It can be removed at any time when you decide you wish to have a child.
- Injections like Depo-Provera: A shot that can prevent pregnancy for three months. This is an excellent method for women who have trouble remembering to take a daily pill.
- Vaginal rings like NuvaRing: Vaginal rings are a form of hormone birth control like shots and pills. They prevent ovulation. The advantage of these rings is that you can insert them yourself once a month.
- Birth control patches: These hormonal birth control patches are worn for an entire week, so it may be easier for women to remember to use them regularly.
Your Walnut Hill OBGYN physician will help you pick the birth control solution that is right for you and your body. Whether you need a traditional contraceptive pill or other solution, we offer every alternative. All of these birth control options are available in our office or easily obtainable anywhere in the Dallas area with a prescription. Call us today at (214) 363-7801 to make an appointment to discuss your birth control needs.