Dr. Hampton B. Richards
Undergraduate Degree: BA, English, Washington & Lee University
Medical School: MD, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Residency: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center
Areas of Special Interest: High-risk pregnancy, infertility, resolution of heavy periods, operative laparoscopy, operative hysteroscopy, & minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Richards is currently accepting new patients. Schedule an appointment online right now.
Hampton Richards is proud to have joined Walnut Hill OBGYN as a second generation partner. After completing twelve years of education at St. Mark’s School of Texas here in Dallas, Dr. Richards obtained a Bachelors Degree in English and graduated Cum Laude from Washington & Lee University, Virginia. He worked for one year in New York City before returning for his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio.
Dr. Richards was Chief Administrative Resident at the prestigious Northwestern University in Chicago where he was extensively trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and was proud to participate in the education of medical students around the country through his work as a lecturer and the former Chief Editor of the OBGYN Preparatory Segment of Doctors in Training, one of the premiere review courses in the nation. He is currently the instructor for “Daddy Boot Camp”, a course for new fathers which is part of THR Dallas’ prenatal education program.
Dr. Richards has served his community through his work as the Chairman of the Board of Censors for the Dallas County Medical Society, and he is a member of the medical honors society, Alpha Omega Alpha, as well as multiple organizations including the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery and the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists.
Dr. Richards’ greatest honor is his marriage to his wife, Rachel, a Nurse Supervisor in the Neonatal ICU. He is also the proud father of twin boys. His areas of interest include general and high-risk pregnancies, infertility, and minimally invasive surgery with a focus on conservative and individualized care.
Awards, Memberships & Offices:
- Recognized as the TOP 1% in the Nation in Patient Satisfaction every year since 2014.
- Best Doctors in Dallas: D magazine every year since 2013
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors Rising Star, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (as voted by his peers)
- Mom Approved Doctor: DFW Child Magazine, every year since 2012
- Chairman, Board of Censors, Dallas County Medical Society, 2013
- Board of Directors, Dallas County Medical Society, 2013
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Board Certified
- Chief Administrative Resident, Department of OBGYN, McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University: 2007-2008
- Dr. August Webster Award for excellence in patient care combined with outstanding humanitarianism efforts: 2008
- Berlex Teaching Award: 2006
- Excellence in Teaching, 2004-2008
- Medical School Executive Council 2000-2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society, 2003
- American Medical Association
- American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Chief Editor, Doctors in Training: OBGYN Preparatory Course, 2011-12
- Contributing Lecturer, Doctors in Training: 2010-2016
- Step Up to USMLE Sept 1, 2013: Contributing Editor
- Instructor for “Daddy Boot Camp”, THR Prenatal Education Program