Dr. Julie M. Hagood
Undergraduate Degree: BA, Biology, Southern Methodist University
Medical School: MD, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Residency: Parkland Memorial Hospital (Chief Resident: 2000-2001)
Dr. Julie Hagood has been in private practice since she completed her residency at Dallas Parkland Hospital in 2001. She enjoys her OBGYN practice because of the close, long-term relationships she has built with her patients, the amazing nurses at Walnut Hill OBGYN, and the fun and relaxed atmosphere in the office. Patients tell Dr. Hagood that they come back to her because, as a mother, she can relate to their unique health concerns.
Dr. Hagood has delivered thousands of babies, and she always feels lucky to be involved in the awe-inspiring moment of childbirth. In her gynecology practice, Dr. Hagood stresses preventative care with all of her patients.
A native of Plano, Texas, Dr. Hagood now lives in Dallas with her husband, Robert Hagood, a general surgeon at Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. The Hagoods have two beautiful sons, Johnathan and Ryan. Dr. Hagood is licensed in the state of Texas; she is on staff at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas.
When she’s not with patients, Dr. Hagood enjoys spending time with her family, vacationing at the lake, on the beach, or on the ski slopes in Colorado.
Awards, Memberships & Offices:
- Recognized as the TOP 1% in the Nation in Patient Satisfaction.
- Dr. Julie Hagood is ranked in the top 1% of doctors nationally with a 99% patient satisfaction score by TexasHealth.org 2014
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Best Doctors in Dallas: D magazine 2009 – 2013