Dr. Jeffrey M. Thurston
Undergraduate Degree: BA, Rice University, Biology
Medical School: MD, Baylor College of Medicine
Residency: University of California at San Francisco
Additional Degrees: M.A.B.S., Dallas Theological Seminary
Dr. Thurston is currently accepting new patients. Schedule an appointment online right now.
Dr. Jeffrey M. Thurston has been caring for women since 1986. Dr.Thurston was raised in Houston, Texas and Tulsa, Oklahoma. He attended Rice University where he received a BA in biology, graduating cum laude to go on to Baylor College of Medicine where he graduated magna cum laude. Dr. Thurston completed his residency at University of California at San Francisco where he served at the administrative chief resident from 1985-86. Active in the practice of obstetrics, gynecology and infertility, Dr. Thurston is proud to have dedicated his career to women’s health.
Dr. Thurston and his wife Patricia, a Registered Nurse who works for a crisis hotline, have four grown children and two dogs. He is an associate clinical professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and a Master’s Candidate at Dallas Theological Seminary. He is an accomplished sailor, holding a Captain’s License with a 50 Ton Master’s Certification. His golf game needs some work.
Dr. Thurston formerly appeared on WFAA’s “Good Morning Texas,” where he was a regular contributor on women’s health issues. He has appeared on more than 400 radio shows discussing the OBGYN issues and women’s healthcare. Dr. Thurston is the author of three books, including Death of Compassion, 1000 Questions About Your Pregnancy, and Disrobe Completely: Real Life Cases Reveal the State of American Medicine. He is also the author of numerous peer-reviewed scientific papers covering OBGYN issues.
Dr. Thurston’s pregnancy books are available on Amazon.com and all eBook formats beginning in July 2011. His book Disrobe Completely is also available on Amazon.com.
1,000 Questions About Your Pregnancy
Awards, Memberships & Offices:
- Dr. Jeffrey M. Thurston is ranked in the top 1% of doctors nationally with a 99% patient satisfaction score by TexasHealth.org 2014
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Fertility Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Southwest Gynecologic Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Dallas-Fort Worth OBGYN Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Beta Chapter: Past President
- Best Doctors in Dallas: D magazine: Mulitple years