Dr. James K. Richards
Undergraduate: BA, Austin College
Medical School: MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Residency: Parkland Memorial Hospital (chief resident, 1978-1979)
Areas of Special Interest: Infertility, birth control, management of heavy periods, minimally invasive surgery (certified by the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery), operative laparoscopy / hysteroscopy, wellness, abnormal pap smear
Dr. Richards is currently accepting new patients. Schedule an appointment online right now.
Dr. Richards chose gynecology because it offers doctors the opportunity to be involved with patients in comprehensive lifelong healthcare. Like his colleagues at Walnut Hill, he is particularly proud of the time he is able to spend with his patients, discussing their unique medical needs and answering questions.
Dr. Richards was born and raised in Fort Worth, but he has lived and practiced in Dallas since 1971. He is married with 2 children, one of whom, Dr. Hampton Richards, practices with him at Walnut Hill OBGYN. In his free time, Dr. Richards enjoys walking and hiking. He attends St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church in Dallas.
Awards, Memberships & Offices:
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Board Obstetrics/Gynecology: Board Certified
- UT Southwestern Medical School, Clinical Professor
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas-Fort Worth Obstetric and Gynecologic Society
- American Fertility Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Southwestern Gynecologic Assembly, past Vice President
- Best Doctors in Dallas: D magazine: Multiple Years
- DFW Child Magazine: Mom-Approved Doctor
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors: multiple years Hall of Fame
- THR Presbyterian Dallas Hospital: multiple committees, including advisory committee