Dr. David M Bookout
Retired OBGYN Physician
Dr. Bookout is now retired. We thank him for his many years of service to the residents of Dallas.
Undergraduate: BS, Chemistry – Southern Methodist University
Medical School: MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Parkland Hospital
Areas of Special Interest: Infertility, in-vitro fertilization, donor oocytes, male factors in fertility
Dr. Bookout is currently accepting new patients. Schedule an appointment online right now.
David M. Bookout, MD, FACOG has been practicing medicine since 1965, beginning with a residency at Parkland Hospital, where he developed a particular interest in reproductive endocrinology. He served at Langley Air Force base in the Air Force Medical Corp from 1968-1970, and has been living and practicing in Dallas ever since. In his long and distinguished career, Dr. Bookout has been president of the Dallas County Medical Society, the Dallas-Forth Worth OBGYN Society, and others. Dr. Bookout serves on numerous advisory medical and community advisory committees. D Magazine has named him among the “Best Doctors in Dallas” for numerous years.
Dr. Bookout has been married to his college sweetheart, Betty, for more than 50 years. They are members of First United Methodist Church in Richardson, where they have attended for more than 40 years. They have one son and three grandchildren.
Awards, Memberships & Offices:
- Fellow American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Dallas County Medical Society: past president, nominating committee, investment review committee
- Southwestern Gynecologic Assembly: advisory committee
- Presbyterian Hospital OBGYN Department: advisory committee
- North Dallas Imaging Center: development committee member
- Margot Perot Hospital: design committee
- Margot Perot Hospital: committee for development of in-vitro fertilization
- Southwestern Gynecologic Assembly: past president, program committee
- First United Methodist Church: adult education council
- Presbyterian Hospital: clinical information committee
- Presbyterian System ARTS Department: development committee
- Dallas-Forth Worth OBGYN Society: past president
- Texas Medical Association
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Pacific Coast Fertility Society
- Best Doctors in Dallas: D magazine: numerous years